Call for Young Innovators Innovation Challenge 2021
The Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) through its applied research arm; the Appropriate Technology Centre (ATC) in partnership with Makerere University is organizing a national Appropriate Technology Stakeholders’ awareness exhibition due to take place at Kololo Ceremonial ground between 26th -27th November 2021. The exhibition provides opportunity for showcasing technologies that can be adopted for advancing the National Development Plan (NDP3) agenda, Uganda Vision 2040 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The overall theme of the exhibition is; “Promoting appropriate technologies for revolutionazing access to safe water for post COVID 19 economic recovery”
Technologies to be showcased will be in the following categories;
- Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Management (SWSSM): The theme will aim at exploring technologies for achieving sustainable water development and management as well as smart sanitation options. Sanitation will be looked at in broader context i.e., beyond latrines/faecal sludge management to encompass environmental sanitation.
- Sustainable and Clean Energy (SCE): The theme will focus at appropriate technologies for alternative energy options including technologies for production of these energy options.
- Food Security and Nutrition (FSN): This theme will focus on technologies that promote sustainable agriculture i.e., those that address water supply shortfalls, organic soil conditioners among others.
- Healthy Lives and Wellness (HLW): This theme will focus on technologies that promote preventive health especially those that minimise spread of water related infections as well as those that can be adopted for improved sanitation and hygiene.
- Climate Smart Technologies (CST) and Natural Resources Management: This theme will focus on all other technologies that promote the circular economy principle and not categorised in any of the sub-themes above.
As part of the event, young innovators will be identified, recognized, provided with technical support and post event nurturing to futher develop and take outstanding technologies to scale. This call for application is part of the search for game-changing local and incountry ideas to build strong human capital through improving access to safe water, improved sanitation and sustainable environmental exploitation.
Apply and compete to recieve financial support of upto UGX 30m[LO1] as start-up capital towards technology development. The deadline for application is 18th November 2021 at 5pm EAT. Complete this form to show your interest in the 2021 Appropriate Technologies Innovations Challenge. By submitting this form, you will be addeded to the 2021 innovation challenge mailing list and enrolled into the challenge.
This form must be filled out by interested parties i.e., an individual, a group of people or an institution with an innovation in that can address any water, sanitation or environment challenge our communites are faced with.
Expression of interest to join the young innovators’ innovation challenge