The Appropriate Technology Centre for Water and Sanitation (ATC) was established in 2010 as the research arm for Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) to undertake applied/action research in water and sanitation technologies, promotion of appropriate Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) technologies as well as carry out capacity building of sector actors. ATC today undertakes applied research, capacity building and promotion of appropriate water and sanitation technologies. ATC vision is to become a self sustaining entity; able to attract and generate funding.
A healthy and empowered self-sustaining society
To be a leading Centre of excellence in research and development in water and sanitation
- Undertake innovative applied research and development on appropriate technologies and approaches for water and sanitation
- Carry out capacity building of sector actors
- Build up the profile of appropriate technologies for sustainable water supply and sanitation options by popularizing the appropriate technology practices
- Accelerate Public/Private Investment through Innovative Financing Mechanisms and Demonstration of Acceptable Innovative Practices
- Continuously identify challenges facing the adaptation of appropriate technologies in the water and sanitation sector